This episode, I’ve got a real treat: a cutting edge tech project from my friend, David Fusco!
David’s interested in emerging technologies like the voice controlled tech in Amazon’s Echo or Google’s Home devices. He’s created a voice activated quiz using Amazon’s Alexa technology and is generating xAPI statements from it. I wanted to talk to him about the whys and hows of working on a cutting-edge project like this.
Get to Know Dave
- A related project using Amazon Alexa and IFTTT: http://drdavefusco.com/amazon-dot-and-ifttt-using-alexa-voice-commands-to-send-xapi-statements/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/DrDaveFusco
Building Stuff with Alexa
- How to build a quiz with Alexa: https://developer.amazon.com/blogs/post/TxDJWS16KUPVKO/New-Alexa-Skills-Kit-Template-Build-a-Trivia-Skill-in-under-an-Hour
- Building an interactive adventure game with Alexa: https://developer.amazon.com/blogs/post/TxEQV5K754YS77/Announcing-a-New-Tool-for-Building-Interactive-Adventure-Games-on-Alexa
Related Tools to Check Out
- Quizlet: https://quizlet.com/