Today’s guest is Ashley Chiasson, an incredible instructional designer, author, and presenter. Ashley talks us through yet another option for all you IDs out there: having a full time job, while also having a side business.
Ashley is our first ID in higher-ed. Anyone interested in ID in this field, listen up! ID in higher ed is a very different animal from roles with the same title that are focused on professional development or user instruction. Ashley shares some insight into how she works with SMEs in higher ed, how she balances having a business on the side, as well as some insight into the conference/presentation scene.
Get to Know Ashley
- Website: http://ashleychiasson.com/blog/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/amdchiasson
- Ashley's Book! Articulate Storyline Essentials: http://www.amazon.com/Articulate-Storyline-Essentials-Ashley-Chiasson/dp/1784392073/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1463876741&sr=8-1&keywords=articulate+storyline+essentials
- Ashley's post on elearning communities: http://ashleychiasson.com/blog/3-e-learning-communities-you-should-be-participating-in/
- Ashley's post on freelance tips: http://ashleychiasson.com/blog/where-to-find-freelance-instructional-design-gigs/
- Book Recommendation: How We Learn by Benedict Carey: http://www.amazon.com/How-We-Learn-Surprising-Happens/dp/0812984293
- Regularly updated list of education-focused conferences (link to doc is at the very top): https://rickscafe.wordpress.com/2016/05/10/dr-clayton-r-wrights-list-of-educational-technology-education-conferences/